Effective Date: November 9, 2018
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
We collect information when you interact with us online or on a mobile device, for example, when you visit our website, social media pages, blogs, email us, or purchase our products online.
Certain information we may collect is Personal Information – or non-public information that identifies, describes, or is capable of being associated with you, such as your name, user name, physical address, phone number, email address, or credit card information.
Other information that we may collect is Anonymous Information – or information that does not identify, and cannot be used to reasonably determine, the identity of an individual user. It may include non-identifiable demographic and other general information that you may provide to us, automated information collected through cookies, pixels and other technologies such as browser and other device information, and aggregate information about groups or categories of users.
The information we collect varies depending on how you interact with us or others online:
- Information you provide to us: When you make a purchase on our website, we collect personal information that you volunteer: such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, and other information necessary to process your order. We also collect the information you provide to us when you register for an online account, participate in a contest or sweepstakes promotion, fill out a survey or questionnaire, subscribe to receive promotional materials, or contact us. Your disclosure of this information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may be unable to access the service in question.
- Information about your web usage: When you visit our website online or on a mobile device, we may automatically collect information like your IP address, your geography, the Web page from which you came, the web browser and type of device you used, and a record of your activity on our site.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
Generally speaking, we use personal information to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted Ladder promotions, and to protect us and our users. Ladder collects and processes your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal information to communicate with you and process your requests, accounts, or orders, and to inform you about our policies and terms. In order to process your purchases, we may send you a confirmation email or we may contact you by email or telephone if we have questions about your order. If you do not want to receive such emails or telephone calls from us, please contact us at email@example.com or using the information listed below.
- Informing you about products, content, or services that may be of interest: With your prior consent, we may use personal information to send you Ladder marketing communications; for example, we may periodically send you emails about new Ladder products and services, content that may be of interest to you, discounts, special promotions or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such emails in the future, please contact us using the contact information below, or click the “unsubscribe” link on any promotional email you receive from us. If you decide to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as communications about your existing purchases or the settings or your account. We may also use anonymous information that is not personally-identifiable to offer you targeted Ladder advertisements on third-party websites. Ladder does not disclose your personal information for third parties’ own direct marketing purposes.
- Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: We use your information to help us provide, improve, and develop our services, which is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interest and provide you with quality services and products. This includes using information for purposes such as data analysis and research. The information we receive allows us to tailor our product offerings, improve your online experience, and customize the content and layout of our pages.
- Promoting safety and security: We use your information to pursue our legitimate interest in helping verify accounts and user activity, as well as in promoting safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud, investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies, protecting our rights, or pursuing available remedies.
THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
We may disclose personal information we collect online to the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers: We use third party companies to help us provide our products and services to you, for example, to process payments, fulfill orders, and send Ladder promotional materials. Some of these companies are given access to some or all of the information you provide to us. Some service providers may use anonymized data from Ladder users to improve their own services, but your personal information will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Legal Compliance and Security: In certain special cases, we may disclose your personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify or contact you, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, Ladder, or someone else. We may disclose your personal information when we believe the law requires it, in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, in response to civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case, governmental authorities or administrative investigation, or in connection with an investigation conducted by Ladder.
COOKIES & PIXELS
“Cookies” and “pixels” are small data files stored on your computer. We place a unique identifier in the cookie and use the cookie to connect your computer with the information we store for you in our database. Some examples of the data we store in our database from cookies include your account preferences, items added to your shopping bag, pages accessed, and previous visits to our site. Through cookies, pixels, and similar technologies, we may alert you to new areas that we think might be of interest to you when you return to our site, record past activity at our site, provide Ladder advertisements that are tailored to your interests, or customize webpage content. Some of these cookies remain on your browser and allow the installer of the cookie to track you over time and across the Internet. A cookie does not identify you personally, but only identifies your browser.
Many browsers maintain a default setting to allow cookies. You have the ability to modify this setting so as to decline cookies. The “Help” tab on your toolbar may guide you to the settings for your browser that will allow you to change your browser settings with regard to cookies. If you decline cookies, your use of our website may be impaired.
COMPANIES OTHER THAN LADDER
We have implemented physical, technological, and organizational safeguards and security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal information under our control. We also take measures to protect the personal information we disclose to third parties, for example by entering into contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. You can help us by protecting and keeping your passwords safe at all times, and not using the same password for different applications or sites. You also can protect yourself and help us reduce the risk of fraud by promptly notifying us if you suspect that your credit card, user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
As described in our Terms of Service, Ladder’s services are not directed to persons under age 18, and thus we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from persons under this age, including from persons under age 13. If you are a parent and you think we have inadvertently collected personal information from your child who is under age 13, you may contact us to request instructions on how to delete this content.
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Ladder does not disclose your personal information for third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law also permits minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content. For additional information or to make such a request, please contact us.
POLICIES RELATED TO USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Ladder’s products and services are directed to persons in the United States. Ladder does not sell products to or direct marketing efforts toward consumers outside the United States.
If you wish to access, correct, modify or delete the personal information we have about you, object to their processing, exercise your right to portability, file a complaint, or simply obtain more information about the use of your personal data, please contact by email or mail at the addresses below.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAttn: Privacy
PO Box 5168
Santa Monica, CA 90409