To fuel like a king, you need a balance of all the macronutrients, including protein, carbs, and fat. And that's exactly why LeBron James relies on a granola recipe from his personal chef, Dena Marino, to help give him the energy he needs to refuel and replenish.
While granola sometimes has a bad reputation, it's a healthy option as long as you avoid excessive amounts of sugar. This homemade LeBron James granola recipe is lower in sugar and filled with monounsaturated fats from cashews, pecans, and almonds. You'll also notice it doesn't contain any oats! This is a grain-free granola, and it's also a little savory as well as sweet.
Need a source of protein you can trust? Try Ladder Whey Protein or Plant Protein, part of LeBron's line of premium supplements. Check out all the Ladder supplements here!
If you've only ever tried super-sweet granola made with spices like cinnamon or vanilla, give this one a try. With spices like turmeric, curry powder, and smoked paprika in addition to traditional cinnamon, this is a recipe with a complex, unique flavor profile.
You can add this homemade LeBron James granola to your favorite yogurt or smoothie (as a crunchy topping) or eat it alone as a snack.
LeBron James' Granola
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
3. Chop cashews and pecans; set aside.
4. Separate egg yolk from egg white; reserve egg yolk for another recipe.
5. Add egg white to a small mixing bowl; whisk until stiff peaks form.
6. Add cashews, pecans, almonds, coconut, flax seeds, maple syrup, honey, curry powder, cinnamon, turmeric, smoked paprika, and salt to a large mixing bowl; stir to combine. Gently fold egg white into nut mixture. Spread nut mixture in a single layer on prepared sheet.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Allow granola to cool completely and harden. Enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Fat: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 21 mg
Sodium: 90 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Sugar: 8 g
Protein: 7 g