Not all desserts are bad for your health. Protein powder pudding is a perfect example of how to take a few basic healthy ingredients and combine them together for something that tastes like dessert — and still works on any diet plan.
I first made protein powder pudding about 15 years ago. Since then, it’s been a staple of my diet and something I enjoy every night before bed (even my wife loves it, and she's never been a fan of protein powders).
There are many ways to make "protein pudding," but this approach is incredibly convenient (takes less than 5 minutes), and is a great, healthy mix of protein, carbs, and fat — with minimally added sugar.
- 1 scoop of Ladder Protein (Plant or Whey)
- 1 tablespoon of your nut butter of choice (alternative: if you have a nut allergy, you can use 1/2 an avocado)
- 1-3 oz of milk of choice (regular, almond, oat, coconut, or other). The less liquid you use, the thicker the pudding
- Add 1 packet of Ladder Protein + 1 tablespoon of almond butter (or avocado)
- Add your milk of choice.
- Mix with a spoon until you have a pudding-like consistency.
- If you want a more ice cream-like consistency, place in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.
- Bonus: If you want, top with sliced fruit (like bananas or berries), coconut flakes, granola, nuts, or a dollop of whipped cream.