These omelet muffins pack the protein you need to start your day or curb hunger as a quick snack. They also provide a super boost of all the vegetables you need for the day.
- 1 packet Ladder Greens
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Portobello mushroom, chopped
- 2 slices turkey bacon, diced (uncured, nitrate-free)
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 6 whole eggs, pasture-raised
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp ground garlic powder
- ⅓ cup shaved, grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pans with 12 baking [muffin] cups. Spray cups with a non-stick—coconut oil—spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites. In a separate, larger bowl, combine the remainder of the ingredients except for the Parmesan. Spoon the “batter” into each muffin cup until it’s ¾ of the way full. The muffins puff up a little when they’re cooking. Also, try to make sure to spoon an equal representation of all ingredients in each muffin (because it’s only fair). Sprinkle ½ tbsp. of the Parmesan shavings on top of each one.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked and the Parmesan has slightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly for 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy warm, or pack a few in Tupperware containers for an easy, grab-and-go breakfast bite. Makes 12 muffin bites and can last up to one week in an airtight container in the fridge.
NUTRITION INFO & MACROS
- Yields: 12 muffins
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 3-4 muffins
Dietary Information: Low carb, Gluten free, Paleo (depending on the individual restrictions and type of turkey bacon), Nut-free
Macronutrients, per serving: 70 calories, 4g fat, 1g carbs, 7g protein