No more excuses saying there’s no time for breakfast. If you're looking for a healthy oatmeal recipe that is also a grab-and-go-meal, then overnight oats are the perfect solution for anyone looking for a delicious blend of protein, carbs, and healthy fats.
The Healthiest Oatmeal Recipe
- Yields: 1 oatmeal
- Cook time: 5 minutes (plus fridge time)
- Difficulty: too easy
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats (100)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk alternatives) (15)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds (25)
- 1 tbsp. all-natural peanut butter (80)
- ½ banana, diced (50)
- ¼ cup plain Greek or Skyr yogurt (25)
- 1 Packet Ladder Plant Protein or Ladder Whey Protein (vanilla) (130)
- Dash of cinnamon/li>
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl (or mason jar). Stir with a spoon until combined.
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy (Yes, it's that simple.). It’ll be ready in three to four hours if you can’t wait or happen to be starving in the middle of the night.
Nutrition Info and Macros
- Dietary Information: Gluten-Free (if gluten-free oats are used)
- Macros per serving: 380 calories, 12g fat, 40g carbs, 28g protein